You may stop by the police department between 8am-4am Monday through Friday. Be sure to have either the date of the accident or the blotter number handy for the clerk to locate the report.  There is a 25 cent per page cost for FOIL requests to cover the cost of copying. Any other questions you may call our records division at 845-496-9161.

We attempt to have all police accident reports ready within 7 -10 business days of the accident date. However, occasionally there are unforeseen problems with the report and or other correction problems. You may speak to a Supervisor if your report is not ready after 7 business days from the accident date.


You may file a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request. The law allows the town to take up to five(5)days to respond to a request of records. If you have further questions you can contact the records clerk at 845-496-9161.


The police must take an official accident report if any person involved in the accident is injured in the accident by N.Y. State law. Our agency does generally take a full report even if there are no injuries in most circumstances. The driver of any vehicle must also report an accident to DMV of any accident causing a fatality, personal injury, or damage to either vehicle over $1000.00 on a “civilian accident report form” (MV-104) which may be picked up at any police agency or DMV. This report must be completed and mailed to DMV within 10 days of the accident.


Please visit the Orange County Sheriff's Office for fingerprinting.


No. If the incident took place anywhere in the Town of Blooming Grove we can take a report from you in person. You may stop by the station or we can respond to your residence. If you reside outside our jurisdiction we may ask you to respond to the station to complete the report.


Every call that requires police service receives a blotter entry. This records the caller’s name, address, telephone number, address where the service is requested, the date, time and officer(s) that responded. A brief narrative of what the call was about is also recorded by the dispatcher and/or the officer that responded to the call. Only calls that need extra police investigation receive a case report. The officer will complete this when he returns from patrol including details of the investigation.


Yes. Even though the item stolen or the incident may be minor the Police need to know about all crimes in order to adjust their patrols and their staffing levels. Most times it will only take about 15 –20 minutes of your time to complete a report. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.


You may stop by the Town Hall between 8am-4Pm Monday through Friday. You must be a Town of Blooming Grove resident and bring you your drivers license, doctor’s prescription or NYS handicap permit form signed by your doctor.


If you would like to commend a police officer for exceptional service you may contact the on-duty supervisor by calling 845-496-9161, or e-mail [email protected]


If you would like to make a complaint against a police officer, you may come to the station and ask to speak with a supervisor and/or Chief of Police. If you have any questions or concerns about police conduct you may contact the on-duty supervisor by calling 845-496-9161.


Upon finding anything stolen report the loss immediately to the local police agency. If the theft occurred in the Town of Blooming Grove, contact us immediately. We will issue a form to bring to DMV to receive your replacement plates or license. If the theft occurred outside the Town of Blooming Grove, the police agency in that area will issue the necessary forms.


Call the Town of Blooming Grove building inspector at 845-496-7011. If it is an emergency and the building inspectors is closed you may contact the police department at 845-496-9161.


Dispatchers are required through training and department policy to ask at the least what is required to complete a blotter entry, name, address, telephone number, and the exact nature of the call or complaint. The more information the dispatcher can relay to the responding officer the response can be more efficient and safe. You may make a complaint anonymously.


The only time you should be dialing 911 is in the event of a true police, fire or medical emergency. By refraining from calling 911 you leave the line open for actual emergencies.


Currently, if you dial 911 from a cell phone in the Orange County area you may end up being answered by one of several different agencies including the N.Y. State Police in another area. The agency you want is the Orange County 911 center located in Goshen, N.Y. When the person answers immediately state your location, then your problem. If unsure of your exact location give the call taker the largest landmark you can observe from where you’re standing. The call taker may ask for more landmarks nearby give them all the information that they need so the police can find you.


A uniform traffic ticket is generally the ticket you receive when you are stopped by the police while driving your vehicle. You may answer the ticket by pleading guilty or not guilty after reading the entire back of the ticket. Send it to the court address located at the bottom of the front of the ticket. You do not need to appear in court if you answer the ticket in a timely fashion. You will be notified by the court of your trial date if you plead not guilty, or your fine if you plead guilty. You may also appear in person to answer the charge by appearing in court on the date specified at the bottom of the front of the ticket. Note: the date that is on the bottom of the ticket is not the trial date, the officer may not be there. That date is only to plead guilty or not guilty, which you could have done by mail. A trial date will be set by the judge at this time. Parking tickets are similar to uniform traffic tickets. The instructions on how to plea are on the front of the ticket. After reading the entire front of the ticket, check off at the bottom, guilty or not guilty, fill in your name and address, sign and mail it with the enclosed envelope. Do not send cash. Send only personal checks or money orders.


Being a witness of a criminal act involves good observation. If you observe an action involving a vehicle attempt to obtain the vehicle’s license plate number along with a description of the vehicle and it’s driver. The vehicle’s description and plate number are very important in a criminal investigation. Once the action has stopped or is out of your view, call 911 or our 7 digit number (845-496-9161) as appropriate for the situation and describe in detail everything you just observed to the dispatcher. Do NOT attempt to stop the person committing the criminal act unless you are prepared to take such action. Next, write down everything you just observed, and wait for the arrival of the police. If the criminal act involves a person(s) and no vehicle, try and observe the following: sex, height, weight, hair color, and shirt/pants/jacket/hat description including the color. Once the action has stopped or is out of your view, call 911 or our 7 digit number (845-496-9161) as appropriate for the situation. You should describe in detail everything you just observed to the dispatcher. Next, write down everything you just observed, and wait for the arrival of the police. You may be asked to positively identify the suspect you just observed by what is called a “show up”. Follow the instructions of the police officer. You will then be asked to give a statement as to what you just witnessed, in order for the police to begin the arrest process.


If you are inside your residence and believe that you have an intruder inside your home, attempt to take a cell phone or portable phone with you and leave the residence immediately. Once you have made it to a safe location, call 911 immediately. Give your address first and describe to the dispatcher what is going on. If there are other members of your family in the residence with you, get them out of the residence also. If you observe your neighbors house with a possible intruder, call 911 immediately, lock your doors, then stay near a window where you can make observations but can’t be seen from the house you are observing. Give the dispatcher your address first, then your neighbors. Describe your neighbor’s house and if you believe the owner is home. Describe any vehicles that are parked within your view, and if they are occupied by anyone. Stay on the line with the dispatcher until they hang up.


Yes. However you can not sign a formal complaint against someone who commits a traffic offense. You may make a complaint about a specific person or vehicle, or a pattern of traffic offenses committed at a specific location, such as speeding on a specific street. Our supervisory staff will determine whether or not enforcement is required in that area based on the number of complaints received among other things. If you make a complaint about a specific person or vehicle, usually a blotter entry will be made and passed on to the supervisor of the shift.


Upon arrest a person is transported to the police station and processed. This includes, obtaining their pedigree, photo and fingerprints. The desk officer will then determine if the person needs to be arraigned before a judge or released and given an appearance ticket to return to court at a later date. If arraigned by a judge and he orders bail, the bail for the arrested subject may be posted at the Orange County Jail in Goshen, N.Y.


.08% Blood Alcohol Content (B.A.C.) is the legal limit for the charge of Driving While Intoxicated a misdemeanor. Under this level, you may be charged with driving while ability impaired depending on the reading, a violation. Drinking and driving any motor vehicle never mix, call a cab or ask a friend to drive you home.